To submit or not to submit?

Hey all, I'm new to the forum but iv read many threads before signing up and firstly I'd just like to say that you are all great for providing such insightful input, so thank you for that. It's great that theres a forum out there were we Pa and Pre Pa students can connect and help each other.

I have filled out my Caspa app to send out to some March 1st last deadline schools but I haven't made a decision on wether or not its strong enough to submit and if I have a real chance. I had a little hiccup in my academic history and its done terrible things to my record. Iv fought hard since then and I'm a 1 spring and 1 summer semester away from graduating with a B.S in biology. My Struggle here is wether or not to submit my App and try for fall 2015 or just wait till I receive my bachelors and try for fall of 2016. I would like to post some academic history here if anyone has input on wether I have any chance or not of at least landing an interview

I would go for it this year. I applied late in the cycle my first time around and didn't get into any schools. My second time around was this cycle. I've had 4 interview offers and got into my top two schools. Applying last year was a good experience even though I didn't expect to get in anywhere. I was able to call the schools and find out why I was rejected and how to improve my package for this cycle. Don't worry too much about your grades...I have a 3.2 GPA and was able to get into two great schools. Good luck to you!

You might as well pull the trigger. You will either get in or you won't and you "aren't" now anyway. Plus, if you don't get in, you will learn a lot about the schools, the admission process, and what you need to do to become a better applicant next time around.

Never waste a chance to learn something new.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.. go for it!  I didn't think I was competitive enough either, but I went for it and got in!  My overall gpa was a mere 3.3 and my science was a 3.4.  I had a lot of healthcare experience and that took me a long way!  You never know until you try and it doesn't count against you to try.  You will gain experience if nothing else.  Good luck!

Archived