Questions about this program..

I'm trying to learn a couple of things about AACC's PA program possibly for the future...if anyone could help me out with these I would appreciate it.

1. How has the transition been to the master's degree at UMB been?  Are you satisfied with the classes there?  

2.Will the MS in Health Sciences this program offers pose any kind of issue getting a job or a license in another state?  I know in 2020 every program will have to offer a master's degree and I'm wondering if this will suffice.

2. Can anyone comment on the locations/quality of the clinical rotations?  Are they all in Maryland?

Hey,

I hope all is well.

I did some research regarding your second question. Refer to this link (end of page two and beginning of page three): http://www.arc-pa.org/documents/Degree%20issue10.2011fnl.pdf

It seems like they are in compliance with what needs to be done for them to keep their accredidation because they have collaborated with a Master's program that has validated the rigor of the program. 

I cannot comment on the transition to the UMB master's program as I graduated prior to the transition.

There is no issue graduating from AACC and getting licensed in another state. I just graduated in July and moved back to Washington State and had no issue getting my state license, hospital privileges or DEA license.  We received our Master's Degree through Saint Francis and it meets the requirement for having a master's degree with no issue. None of my classmates have had issue finding a job either.

For clinical rotations you can be sent up to a 100 mile radius of the Arnold campus. Most all of the clinical sites are in Maryland and they are great quality rotations.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on this format of the online classes?  Is there a professor you can reach out to?  Is it difficult to keep up with them versues in the in person classes?

Depending on the class they are formatted slightly different. Most of them have assignments each week that need to be submitted so it is not that hard to keep up with the work. We tend to have one day off each week, which is designed to allow us time to work on the online classes. There are professors that you can contact for any questions or problems you may have in the class. 

^^Thanks!

Are there any subjects (biochem, A&P, Pharm, etc.) you would recommend an incoming student to study or, at least, look over?

If you want to study some before starting I would suggest A&P. Your first semester you will have a 7 credit class that refreshes A&P from college and will go into more depth. 

• 7 months later...

Depending on the class they are formatted slightly different. Most of them have assignments each week that need to be submitted so it is not that hard to keep up with the work. We tend to have one day off each week, which is designed to allow us time to work on the online classes. There are professors that you can contact for any questions or problems you may have in the class.

Online classes? I didn't read anything about online classes. This is for AACC/University of Maryland Baltimore program?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming that nothing has changed since I graduated, there was an individual interview with 2 faculty members with pretty straightforward questions, and a group interview with 2 faculty and 6 or 8 applicants. It was kind of a round table discussion on a few topics to gauge how everyone thinks and interacts. The rest is info sessions to try to convince you to take a spot there if it is offered to you. Hope that helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived