No interview offers yet...am I still in the running?

I applied to six programs this year. So far, I have received two rejections and one offer to submit a supplemental application (which I did). At this point I'm assuming that I made it past the first cut at these four programs. What are most PA admission committees doing right about now? Have they sent out interview offers to most of the students they really want? Or are they cutting a few applications here and there until they finally get their lists ready early next year?

I think it depends on the program.  The one I applied to has four set interview dates- oct, nov, dec and jan.  Obviously, they had the October one already (I interviewed in this one but have not heard anything yet).  The are preparing to invite people to the November one, which is the 22nd.  The Dec one is the 13th and the January one is the 10th, I believe.  So, it could be a long wait for invites for those that dont get invited until January.  They wont here anything until about a week before those dates.  I think you are still in the running until you receive a rejection letter!  They also wait to let people know who interviewed if they got a spot until everyone has interviewed.  Most people will not know if they got a seat until late January.  Only a select few get told early. This is just an example of one program.  I would look into what the programs you applied to general do. Some have rolling admissions and you interview and find out quickly. Good luck to you! Hang in there!

I agree, it depends on the program. Click on this link: 

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/forum/327-physician-assistant-schools/

Find the schools you applied to and you'll have most of your questions answered. Time-frames are pretty reliable on posts from previous application cycles. If you're still unsure if interviews are being extended then try calling the school. That's what I did and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that interviews are still being extended for some schools that have started accepting applicants. Also, the program websites sometimes offer dates, as well.

Another thing I discovered is that the date you apply determines when you're likely invited for an interview for certain programs. There are so many applicants, so many programs offer interviews in batches. May-July applicants would be reviewed and contacted before Aug.-Oct. applicants would even be looked at, or any later applicant. I'm guessing on the break down but it's something similar to this. So these particular programs don't necessarily extend invites to the 'best' candidates first and the 'next best' for later interviews. Hope this helps!

Archived