Burt Out

Hi All,

Hoping I can get some advice here since I'm sure everyone has been in this boat. So I'm in my 3rd (and final) semester of didactic year. We're an accelerated program so it's 12 months didactic, 12 months clinical. So here I am, almost November and I am feeling just completely burnt out on studying. I have a Heme/Onc test on Monday and I'm having the most difficult time studying for it. I'm sure there have been plenty of topics about this and people posting about this but any advice on how to just grind through the next 42 days (including finals)? Still have 4 more tests (including Monday), 2 practical exams, and 5 finals. Any thoughts?

Take an hour or so to unwind every day, no matter what. Go to bed on time and, if you have to, wake up early instead of trying to study when you're tired. Take a walk.

Don't be upset if you can't remember everything you've learned; it will come back to you doing clinicals and you will be quite surprised.

You are not alone. The end is in sight and you'll get there.

Good luck.

This is PA school for you. I agree with what was said above. Take some time and unwind each day even if it is for 30 minutes to an hr.

I was in the same boat a year ago before I started my clinicals. I had days where I took 4-5 test each day during finals week. I felt burnt out and I couldn't possibly remember everything. I went in there prepared and hoping for the best. I like to study by myself and I don't spend one day studying just one subject. I allot 2-3 hours for one subject and then 2-3 hours for the next, that way I can cover different topics and not cram everything the days before the test.

I remember having nephro, neuro, rheum, pharm, clinical skills and surgery finals all in one day. I hated that day because I never took this many test. Right after my last test I went home and slept. I knew the semester before my clinicals would be my hardest semester in PA school so I made sure I went to bed early each night and prepared notes after each lectures. This was something I never did when I started PA school or even undergrad. We all have gone through this and you are at the end of the road. Best of luck.    

We're an accelerated program so it's 12 months didactic, 12 months clinical.

Wait, this is considered accelerated now? I thought it was pretty standard to be about 24-27 months of school. Off topic, but I agree with others. You're almost done. Plenty of time to relax after the semester is over (kind of).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived