Will this be considered as hands-on experience?

I got hired by a center that focuses on improving the lives of disabled adults (both physically and mentally). They live in group homes and I would be a residencial assistant. My supervisor said I would bathe them, change their diaper (if needed), and activities such as that. However, it's not really in a health care facility. Plus, I don't know how much patient care I will be doing. I know some of the activities are taking temperature and blood pressure which kind of sounds like a CNA. Based on what I said, would it be considered as hands-on experience?

That is very much like my job. My title is "residential instructor" and we provide treatments for developmentally disabled and those with various mental illnesses. We do weekly vitals, pass meds, do BSL/ins injections, topicals, eye/ear drops/treatments, provide info to superiors if any consumer seems off baseline or is ill beyond given guidelines.

At the places I plan to apply, this is considered HCE.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived