2014-2015 TTUHSC Interviews

Hello everyone,

I'm Sneha Mathew & I received my admissions offer in no less than two days after my interview.

Tbh, I felt over prepared for my interview (thanks to interview prep book) so it felt more like a conversation to me. I felt comfortable in sharing my story to them. And I fell in love with how warm and welcoming this school/ faculty was!

Just be yourself during the interviews.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that the last set of interviewees got acceptance letters soon after their interview.  Does anyone know how fast Texas Tech accepts/rejects after the interviews.  Do they wait a long time in some cases or is it a quick turnaround.  Also congratulations to all those accepted so far!

I noticed that the last set of interviewees got acceptance letters soon after their interview.  Does anyone know how fast Texas Tech accepts/rejects after the interviews.  Do they wait a long time in some cases or is it a quick turnaround.  Also congratulations to all those accepted so far!

Quite a bit of us were notified within 24hrs. So I am sure that if you impress them you should be able to find out very soon thereafter. 

Quite a bit of us were notified within 24hrs. So I am sure that if you impress them you should be able to find out very soon thereafter. 

That  being said, bdandj, I asked a handful of the first year students at my interview when they had heard back and got extremely varied answers! So if you do not hear back in the first 24 hours, do not fret! I believe it would be acceptable to ask the admissions committee as well when you could expect to hear back. Personally, I didn't ask, but I think it would be appropriate.

Just so you guys know, I had about 7 hours to kill after my interview before my flight back to Arizona and went to look at apartments to save a trip if I did get accepted. Turns out this was a great decision because I have claimed my seat and now know where I will be living!!! Anatole on Briarwood is a brand new complex, they are currently still in the process of building it. It's about 10 minutes away from campus, if that. It's an incredible complex, upgraded, pool, 24 hour fitness center, gated community! Lots of amenities. Pricy, but they all are! I chose to do a one bedroom, but it would be fun if a handful of us lived in the same complex! If you are interested, check it out! :) Their site doesn't have pictures yet because like I said it is brand new, but I assure you it is absolutely beautiful! Very modern with upgraded units (EVERY unit is upgraded).

I received an interview for January 8th! For anyone who has already been through the interview process, can you tell us how many students are there being interviewed on the same day?

I've been around for most of the interviews and they are interviewing between 20-30 people I believe.

I have an interview on January the 8th! Very excited!! 

Does anyone know of a close, affordable, and inexpensive (and not too shabby) hotel to stay in?

Congratulations and good luck!!

I stayed at Americas Best Value Inn Midland- Relatively cheap and only about a 10 minute drive from campus! Not too shabby of a hotel either :)

I have an interview on January the 8th! Very excited!! 

Does anyone know of a close, affordable, and inexpensive (and not too shabby) hotel to stay in?

someone recommended the Travelodgehttp://www.travelodge.com/hotels/texas/midland/travelodge-midland-tx/hotel-overview

that person got a room for $80, but I called this past saturday and the cheapest they have is a single room for about $102 after taxes.

There is also the Midland Inn3302 W Front St, Midland, TX 79701 (432) 689-6886

I called and the lady said they had a room for i think $55, but you can't reserve in advance and they may not have a room on my interview date, so I booked a room at..

Advantage Inn 804 Interstate 20 Frontage Rd, Big Spring, TX 79720
for $78 after taxes. They are 43 miles away from the interview site though. I'll call the Midland Inn when I leave Dallas on Wednesday and see if they have any rooms first. 

Hi, I was accepted this year thank goodness. But last year's experience consisted of a alternate letter within a week from the interview (snail mail, no email).. So I'm thinking whether automatically accepted or not they notify interviewers quickly so it's convenient if planning is in order.

Best of luck to you!

I noticed that the last set of interviewees got acceptance letters soon after their interview. Does anyone know how fast Texas Tech accepts/rejects after the interviews. Do they wait a long time in some cases or is it a quick turnaround. Also congratulations to all those accepted so far!

Archived