To be patient or to be worried?

I am applying to PA school for the first time and finished the majority of my applications in early July.

I'm yet to receive an interview invite or a denial. I have pretty good hce(1700 hours), good lor's, so so gpa (3.1 cumulative, 3.8 science), and a so so gre score. I had a couple of bad grades in my upper level economics classes during college but I have done well in all of the prerequisite science courses.

Should I be calling schools to see what is going on or should I just be patient?  

Any advice is appreciated.

I applied to most of my programs in June and all I've gotten is confirmations that my apps are complete or clarifications for labs. I kinda think it has to do with the different schools deadlines I visited my top choice and asked about rolling admits they don't do it and don't start contacting til after their deadline. Oct 1st. You could ask on the admissions officer thread too though

As long as you're not rude or constantly hounding them, there's little to lose by calling the schools once or twice to check your status. Also check school-specific threads here to see if people that applied later than you are getting invites.

A better question for you to ask is, "Should I wait for responses or go ahead and apply to more programs?" Bear in mind that many deadlines are approaching and, even for schools with late deadlines, applying early increases your odds. The fact that you haven't received a response yet doesn't say much about your chances of getting an acceptance or rejection -- sometimes they just take a while. I wouldn't worry about the lack of response. However, I would worry about your stats because they are a little marginal. If you didn't apply to many schools you should consider casting a wider net while you still have the chance.

Archived