Has anyone heard about interviews for this year's cycle? I have been in contact with the school and was told the date for interviews is March 26th, and that based on my application I have a "good chance" at being invited to one..however I'm just wondering how much notice they're going to give me if I do get one. March 26th isn't very far away...Any word?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would go to the interview to see for yourself. I went last year and didn't like it at all. They weren't organized, I didn't feel safe, and I just overall didn't get a very good impression of them preparing me for a huge test that will decide my ability to go into a profession. They also have been on probabtion. I wound up going to Midwestern and love it there, but you have to decide for yourself. I'm from the suburbs, so someone from the city that's used to that kind of living may have a different view, but I interviewd at a lot of places last year and Malcolm X was by far at the bottom. The only benefit was the price, but I had decided that paying a bit more was worth getting a better education with better facilities for preparing for my career. As I said before, if you have the interview, I would at least go and see what they have to say. You really have to decide for yourself where you are the best fit.

I'm going to the interview. I have been waitlisted at another program in NY and have a 3rd interview next month in NH. Malcom X would be the place to go if other places don't work out. Also I know 2 PA's who graduated from there and they are fine PA's, the program is making many changes to not lose their accreditation in september. If at the end of the day this is my only option I'll take it in a heart beat, I already live in Chicago, so I don't have much to lose. Plus you can't beat having your rotations at Cook County Stroger Hospital, you see everything there.

: ) see you guys there!

I interviewed there last year. I came in and no one greeted me. I went in a really small elevator and followed the signs that were wrong so I had to be re-directed. We all sat in a lecture hall wondering what was going on and where current students were at a table. They answered some questions....and then we went for an interview after being called in the hall and being split into random groups. No instructor introductions, no tour (I dont know if they have an anatomy lab, library, exam rooms, etc), no message from the person that directs the program, no info on financial aid, etc. We had three separate rooms where a panel asked us some group questions. Then we met with a guy to make sure we had all the application material in and then we left randomly. I didn't like it at all, but that's just me. As far as Cook County, thats great if you are really into trauma and want that in your resume, but for me, I want to specialize in something else so doing a rotation at the hospital isnt a big deal to me. I hope that helps.

I understand what you're saying. I was very impressed with stonybrook and their hospital. The interview was amazing! So i know I will compare everyone to SBU. I hope that Malcom X. has made the right changes, to stay accredited. Since my interview is this Saturday, I will post my experience. Thanks

My interview was great, I wasn't impressed with the campus, but they were very organized. It went smoothly, and was a group interview. I had 2 interviews and had a chance to speak to the current first year students. It was pretty laid back, and the questions were easy to answer. They did not ask for a writing sample, which I was nervous about. If it comes down to only this school I'll probably accept their offer. I'll keep you all posted, I was told that I would know by April 8th if I have been accepted.

My interview went well too. I was so nervous at the beginning, but got a little comfortable in the end. As for the questions, they were okay. Additionally, I got the opportunity to speak with the director. Sometimes it doesn't matter where you get an education, it's all about the individual. I remember going to a average high school and I made the effort to go the extra mile to be sucessful; therefore, you just have to work hard. MXC is no worst than any other school, If you compare the PANCE passing rate to other schools then you can question your self. Again it is all about what you want to get out of the situation.

Hi Juliet21,

Well staying at MXC would be the easiest for me. I live in Chicago, and my commute would only be 25 mins or so. Plus you cant beat the tuition and having our rotations at cook county hospital. I am slightly concerned that they will lose their accreditation, but seemed not likely on the interview day. They seemed confident that they would retain their accreditation. I was in the 8:30 am group. I'll drop you my email.

I did interview. I thought I did ok but can't be certain. I was in the 830 interview. The second interview was nerveracking as they didn't show much emotion. I asked one of them how I did and they said I did fine. They were sniling at me as I left but I don't know if they were just being nice :) I really want to get in.

Archived