Class of 2017 Applicants

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest msully1112

Hi everyone,

I interviewed on 11/25 and received a letter in the mail today that I am an "alternate" candidate. I'm confused if this is the same as the waitlist or not. In the letter it says applicants in this position are not ranked, so I don't see how it could be the same as a waitlist. When I interviewed they said the class was full and were basically interviewing for waitlist spots and that last year they went through 30 of the 40 waitlist spots. For those of you who already received an "alternate" letter, have you heard anything back?

• 4 weeks later...

I interviewed mid-December and was told the class was full, and they would be assembling an accept/hold list. It seemed like, at that time, they had recently sent out the last batch of acceptances, and were still waiting to hear back from some, and said therefore some seats could have opened up. But when I called later in the month, Judy said that the class was indeed full.

The accept/hold list is different from the alternate list, which they said they haven't touched in 5 years. I was told that the accept/hold list is ranked, and most likely, every 2 weeks, they would assess how many spots opened up, and pull from the list in order. When I spoke with Judy in late Dec., the list had been ranked, and at that time there were 33 on the list. She did share with me my ranking on the list, and said as more applicants are accepted during the Spring interviews, they would be integrated into the list and ranked.

From reading this forum from this year and previous years, it seems like they have called as many as 20-30 from the accept/hold list in the past, so just because the class is full doesn't mean you won't have a chance of getting in if you are placed on the accept/hold list. We just have to hope that some of those accepted are waiting to hear back from other schools and will open up seats in the coming months!!! Personally, I am really hoping to come to NSU Ft. Lauderdale, and am anxiously waiting to hear any news.

This info is only what I heard/understood, and I have heard from other applicants slightly different information. If anyone has any updates or different information, please share!!! 

Hi everyone, I interviewed on 12/18 and received an acceptance call the same day. I just joined the Facebook page...can't wait to meet all of you! Congrats to all those already accepted and good luck to those still interviewing!

Congrats Kricamam on getting an acceptance :) , I was wondering when you applied did they mention anything about the class being full. I intervied Dec 4 and was waitlisted and Judy mentioned it was because the class had already become full.

Congrats Kricamam on getting an acceptance :) , I was wondering when you applied did they mention anything about the class being full. I intervied Dec 4 and was waitlisted and Judy mentioned it was because the class had already become full.

They didn't mention anything about the class being full at my interview, but then I again I didn't ask either. There is always hope until the semester begins! I have two friends that were accepted from the wait list in March a few years ago.

Hey y'all!

I interviewed on 1/8 and I asked the program director if the rumors about the waitlist were true. She said it is too soon to determine whether or no the class is FULL, because people withdraw and deny acceptances every day. Slots open daily. And as far as I know, people have received acceptances in the past month. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Also, if anyone else interviewed around the 8th and have heard anything please post :)

Thanks!

I interviewed in December and didn't hear anything back from them for a good month, which I assumed would happen because of the holidays. I got offered a seat elsewhere and sent an email to Judy asking about the status of my application because Nova was my first choice school. She then told me last week that I was very high on the accept/hold list and to hang tight. She called me this morning offering me a seat. So movement on the accept/hold list is happening now!! Try and be patient I know the wait is difficult!! 

I received my acceptance call from Judy this morning! I can't express how excited I am to be attending this program. I interviewed early December, and was told right before Christmas that I was placed on the accept/hold list (at that time, ranked 3/33 on the list). I received the acceptance call today along with the official email acceptance and instructions for enrollment/fee payment/etc. The waiting game is the worst part (believe me I know)-but remember that they are working down the list and there is still plenty of time! Good luck :)

• 1 month later...

Archived