Reasonable offer for Neuropsych?

Hi all,

I graduated in Dec of last year. I started working in psychiatry immediately and am currently with my 2nd group. My current position is as a "partner" and I earn based upon my own collections minus expenses. So far, I have only earned one paycheck (since they are monthly) so don't have a good reference for what I earn --just building my practice. Just yesterday the medical director told me that the current neuropsych PA  is leaving (he is moving). He offered me the position but we will discuss details next week. The position is salaried. I wonder if you all can give me an idea for a reasonable salary range for a new neuropsych PA in NC (I don't know about benefits either, but I already have my own malpractice, DEA and health insurance). It's only 4 days per week and i could keep my own clinic running on the 5th day for extra $$. Thanks for the input.

You won't likely find a comparable position. I applied to Med/Psych residencies and considered Neuro/Psych since I love them all lol. I ended up matching FM (matched for fit and lifestyle more than prestige) but even Neuro/Psych attendings are quite rare. You have the opportunity to carve out quite a niche as a PA in this interesting field. My best guess would be a target salary somewhere between medicine and psych PA. I presume this is a mixed inpatient/outpatient position? I don't think you would have much wiggle room on the salary beyond what the previous PA earned but go ahead and negotiate--you just aren't likely to find much in the way of comps. Good luck.

Archived