Advice on major

I am currently a senior in high school. I have over 200 hours shadowing doctors, PAs, nurses, etc. For awhile now I have been set on getting my bachelors then attending PA school. I had always thought med school was too long and expensive. My goal is to work in primary care. But lately I have been reading a lot of discussions about how if you are young you might as well just do med school. I like the idea of being able to work with a doctor, one reason I was drawn to PA. But I also hear a lot about PAs reaching a glass ceiling in terms of autonomy and what they can do after a few years. Considering I'm young, I don't know if in the future when I'm say 50 I could really imagine always working under someone for my whole life. But apart from all this, the university I'm attending has a Sports studies major, which incldes classes on nutrition, weight loss, sports related injuries and prevention, bio, anatomy.  I'd have to add in chem and a few other pre reqs but have the elective space for that. But now that I'm also considering med school, a bio major would give me all the pre reqs I need and my electives could be something I want to learn. I don't want to choose one and end up limiting my options in the future or choose bio which is harder and less interesting to me and have a lower GPA. I'm really torn on what to do and time is running out so any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Archived