South University class starting January 2015

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the following email today, "The Admissions committee of the South University Physician Assistant Program determined that you qualified for an interview which is why you were offered an invitation recently. Due to our rolling admissions process that began in the spring of this year, the class has very recently been filled to capacity. We thought it best that you realized this feature as soon as we did and therefore are sharing the information as a courtesy. Not every previously-accepted applicant has secured their seat at this point. Please consider logistics, expenses, and likelihood of an acceptance when deciding about whether you would like the opportunity to attend the interview session scheduled for September 2nd and 3rd. Statistically speaking, you are likely to be placed on the wait list, if your interview is favorable."

I would recommend a car.  I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which is about 5 minutes away and arrived the day before to check out the area.  The historic district is about 15 minutes away, the airport is approx 25 minutes away and I also looked at different apartment complexes.  Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all, hoping for some advice. South is my number one school, and haven't applied yet but wondering if I'm a competitive applicant. My overall GPA is nearly a 3.5 but my science is slightly below the recommended (just under a 3.0, hoping to have it at or above by the time I graduate next year). I'll have around 800-900 hours of clinical research experience by the time I apply and I haven't taken the GRE yet so I'm not sure about those scores. 

My science GPA is obviously a concern for me. I'm also wondering if research is a strong example of health care experience - while it's all human research with direct contact I know it is not necessarily medical experience.

I'm on the fence about whether or not to apply next cycle for entry in January 2017 or if it's better to take a gap year and accrue additional experience as an EMT or CNA. 

Any advice, comments, or accepted statistics that are similar would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Archived