South University class starting January 2015

My stats: 3.77 overall GPA 3.8 science GPA about 1200 healthcare hours as a medical assistant, two years of research at my university , GRE was low but right around and above the fiftieth percentile. I think my personal statement helped me out a lot too! Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stats: 3.77 overall GPA 3.8 science GPA about 1200 healthcare hours as a medical assistant, two years of research at my university , GRE was low but right around and above the fiftieth percentile. I think my personal statement helped me out a lot too! Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for replying!

My GPA might be what kills me; 3.26 science , 3.81 non science, and 3.56 overall.

But my GRE was over 70th percentile in all sections and I have over 2000 hours HCE as a medical scribe (I spoke with all schools I've applied to that require experience, and all approved scribing as HCE).

I believe my narrative was strong also.

Hopefully I'll get some good news from South soon! Congrats to everyone who has received an interview!

My GPA was not that high,  3.3 for science, and 3.29 overall, I have a BS in Respiratory Therapy,  about 4000 HCE as an RT, and my GRE was around 305. My GPA wasnt the highest but they did see that  when I went into my RT Bachelors program I maintained nothing less than a 3.5 GPA there and graduated with a high GPA from there, even though it was a HARD program. They asked me about it too and do take into consideration if you start off a little low but trend up. In my case, I had a couple of lower grades in the beginning but they did see I got better every semester, so they liked that. I also think my narrative letter helped.  But the interview was pretty laid back like we all said, its easy to say that now I know how we were all nervous before lol! But Good luck to everyone, hopefully we will hear good news soon!

My GPA was not that high,  3.3 for science, and 3.29 overall, I have a BS in Respiratory Therapy,  about 4000 HCE as an RT, and my GRE was around 305. My GPA wasnt the highest but they did see that  when I went into my RT Bachelors program I maintained nothing less than a 3.5 GPA there and graduated with a high GPA from there, even though it was a HARD program. They asked me about it too and do take into consideration if you start off a little low but trend up. In my case, I had a couple of lower grades in the beginning but they did see I got better every semester, so they liked that. I also think my narrative letter helped.  But the interview was pretty laid back like we all said, its easy to say that now I know how we were all nervous before lol! But Good luck to everyone, hopefully we will hear good news soon!

Thanks for replying!

I'm hoping they notice that I did significantly better in my upper-level biology courses than I did in the freshman year courses.  Just a part of starting college, in my opinion.

My stats are below:

Overall GPA- 3.82

Science GPA- 3.74

GRE- 309 total (62nd percentile on both) and 5.0 writing

HCE- 2000 hours as a clinical research assistant and 150 shadowing a PA

Hope this helps. Good luck to those of you preparing for interviews or awaiting feedback!

I got an email saying they have my application but that they had a question about a prereq...i answered the question and have yet to hear anything in three weeks despite an email and phone call...anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to badger them but I also don't want them to just set my application aside

Do you have any suggestions on where to live? Or do you know anything about Hunters bluff, moss pointe, or Ashley midtown apts?

Thanks!

I'm a current South student. Just wanted to let you know that when I was accepted last year I received my invitation to interview 2 months after submitting my CASPA so don't be discouraged :)

I received an interview invite for the 22/23 as well, but have to try to reschedule :( as I already have one that day. Hopefully they are flexible - I have heard such great things about South and can't wait to see Savannah!

Archived