CASPA science GPA

Hello all!

I have run into a problem! And I need some advice! 

Here is the problem:

My cumulative GPA is a 3.03. my CASPA science GPA is around a 2.83. I would like to turn in my CASPA application as soon as possible, because I understand many schools have rolling admissions! However I am taking a couple science courses in the summer that will help increase my science GPA! one is in the first part of summer (June to July) and the other two are from July to August! My problem is if I wait until August to turn in my summer grades then it'll make my chances of getting accepted much harder because of rolling admissions. But my science GPA would be better! Do I turn in my CASPA application after my first summer science class and hope thats enough? Or do I just hold off until all my science classes are done in the summer (Around august) to turn them in? Do you think if I turn in my application early then turn in my transcript directly to schools after my summer classes that'd help?

• Administrator

Honestly?

With those GPAs you're not currently a competitive applicant.  a cumulative GPA of 3.2+ and science GPA of higher than that are pretty typical for acceptances with average to good HCE.

I might consider sitting this cycle out and applying next May/June.  I really doubt whether any of the plans you articulate--and your perception of your options seems pretty accurate--will make a material difference in your chances.

But you know your application better than I do.  If you have great HCE, LORs, and everything besides GPA, you might want to consider investing in CASPA this year.  If nothing else, it's always interesting to see how it actually works.

People have told me to take classes that are  considered "OTHER" science to boost my overall science GPA up! (Nutrition exercise science) classes. My Prereq classes are pretty good!

If I take a few lower level science classes to help boost my GPA over a 3.0 would that help?  

People have told me to take classes that are  considered "OTHER" science to boost my overall science GPA up! (Nutrition exercise science) classes. My Prereq classes are pretty good!

If I take a few lower level science classes to help boost my GPA over a 3.0 would that help?  

Same here man. My pre-req GPA is great, but I have some arbitrary biology classes that bring it down (like plant biology and Ecology). I'd say the boost would definitely help.

Archived