Anyone familiar with this Virginia group?

Longtime lurker. First time poster :) I've picked up a lot from reading through posts here so Thanks!

I'm currently working with southeastern VA EM group but looking to possibly apply to another. Anyone familiar with Emergency Physicians of Tidewater? Thoughts? Will they even consider NPs? I realize grass isn't always greener and many places have their "issues" but looking for some insight on provider satisfaction and longevity/growth for the advanced practive provider there.

Thanks all :)

Yes asdEM. I have talked to an EVMS student about that program. From heresay, it seems like they are interested in investing in their providers :) That is something I'm on the fence about in my current group. I wish I had known about that fellowship when I graduated :)

They are also the group that technically employs the PAs and NPs in the EVMS EMPA Fellowship. I would take that as a sign that they are interested in using and developing their PAs and NPs.

I'm pretty sure they employ NPs as well as PAs - although you wouldn't know that from their PA/NP unfriendly employment tab on their website: http://www.ept911.com/for-providers.aspx

Click on 'For Physicians' and you get a page of good basic info

Click on 'For Mid-level [Oh-How-I-Hate-That-F*cking-Monker!] Providers and you're rewarded with a blank page.  Nice

The EVMS/EPT EM Fellowship unfortunately doesn't accept NPs.  Maybe someday.

Archived