Which home care job to take? Need advice!!!

Hi,

I was looking for  some advise about a home care job.  I have two options on the table

Here are my two options:

Option 1:

$55/per pt. Can see 10-14 pts a day. No benefits, no CME allowance. I have a MA who drives me around in the company care. Negative is that I can potentially go into some not so safe neighborhoods.

Option 2:

Payed per billable rate. Most common would be: 99349 $47.64 and new pts 99345 $74. I would drive my own car, no MA. Monthly car allowance of $350 (more depending on how many pt I see). They will offer health insurance and CME allowance comparable to what I currently have. I also can opt out of going to territories i'm not comfortable going into.

I haven't done this so not sure what is the better option.  Any help would be great!

Willing to bet that this is for home Medicare risk assessments. No follow up except for lab. Abnormals go to PCP. Contractural work for larger company.

my thought to

on the surface they make it look like the pay is good, but then they don't pay you for no shows, have a screwy way of calculating miles (50 miles a day is included in pay), amd a slew of other ways to pay you less

and you have to do all this silly ridiculous computer work that is a time hog....

oh yeah and the pay per code is HORRIBLE

in my area medicare pays

99341 Home visit new patient         $55.12

99342 Home visit new patient         $79.19

99343 Home visit new patient         $129.97

99344 Home visit new patient         $181.30

99345 Home visit new patient         $218.41  

99347 Home visit est patient         $55.50

99348 Home visit est patient         $83.91

99349 Home visit est patient         $127.43

99350 Home visit est patient         $176.77

In house call medicine the provider is expected to take home between 50-75% of the receipts as there is no overhead.....

Archived