Career Change to PA in mid-30s - Is it realistic?

Turning a C to an A gives you a B. It’s  better for your gpa to take fresh classes. Unless the course is a prereq.
I do not know what school you attend but at Indiana University you can retake a class for a new grade with a 15 credit hour limit for grade replacement. I have never been to or heard of a school that averages the two grades together when retaking a course. If that is your case then I dont think there is anything you can do to repair a 2.7 except take another 120 credit hours and get all A's. 
In fact the way you are describing taking the same course twice is the same as taking two different different courses. ie Genetics C to A = 3.0 or Genetics C, Micro A =3.0 Same result my friend...

CASPA averages all grades, even if you repeat a class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, your right, my previous comments were born out of ignorance on how CASPA reports total GPA. My only experience was with retaking a class was for a single prereq. IU MPAS program calculates prereq GPA outside of CASPA's calculation because even though on CASPA I qualified for the program I received a denial letter. Thank you, I appreciate yours and all the other insight I get from these boards.

• 10 months later...

I'm very late to this thread but wanted to contribute.  No, 30s is NOT too old.  I just turned 36 and am currently taking prerequisites for PA school.  I've been a social worker in the medical field for almost 11 years now. This turns out to be around 23,000 HCE/PCE hours.  I have a 4.0 for graduate school and a 3.5 for undergrad.  I decided to make a career change due to having worked in the medical field for years and not feeling totally fulfilled as a Social Worker.  If all goes as planned, I will be finished with my prerequisites in July of 2021 and start PA school when I'm about 38.  I do "look young" so classmates probably won't know my age unless I disclose it lol (just adding humor) :).  But I believe life is Short.  It's never too late to start fresh and follow your dreams.  We only get one life.  Make it a good one.  

• Like 2