New grad resume question

For your first resume, did you put in much detail for your past job experiences?

What about your rotations?

For example, did you just list your rotations, or put 1-2 sentences about your responsibilities there for each one?

My past jobs were CNA on several different floors, also some research, and one relevant office job, etc.  My current resume has 5-7 lines per each of those jobs.  Should I leave it or shorten it?

Thanks any and all for advice.  Sorry if this is posted in wrong section, if so can admin please move it to where appropriate.  I did search and read prior resume posts but did not find the answer to my question.

• Administrator

It really depends on how much of a pre-PA resume you have.  You want to include 2 pages of the best info that will get you hired.  In my case, that DID include quite a lot of my 18+ year IT background prior to PA school rather than a lot of details on my rotations... and I got hired handily.  If someone's got a shorter resume, then they may need to dig deeper to fill that space.

I included all prior medical jobs but left off non-medical jobs. they probably care that I was an emt, er tech, MA, phlebotomist, and paramedic. they probably don't care that I was a security guard and worked in the cafeteria my first quarter in college before I got an er tech job.

Archived