Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody applying to begin in January 2015 has heard back about interviews or the interview process.  I saw that January 2015 applicants for Worcester were receiving letters in the mail.  Has anyone heard anything yet?  Thanks.

Hey guys! I'm currently a 1st year student at MCPHS Manchester and I know this forum was super helpful to me while applying. Just offering if anyone has questions or anything of the sort just PM me or post in here.

• Upvote 2

I have an Interview on March 21st. I was wondering what the interview process was like and the questions that might be asked. I want to be well prepared for this interview! 

I'd say you definitely have enough time to prepare. For me what helped was a book called "Acing the Physician Assistant Interview". It had some interview questions and what would be good answers. From there I formulated my own answers and practiced. It's not going to be a tough interview, every professor has the same list of questions that they ask. It's up to you to make yourself stand out though. For me, practicing answers to questions like "why do you want to be a PA?" or "what made you chose MCPHS" was definitely helpful. Be prepared to talk about yourself and what you've done for HCE and what makes you stand out. It's just a 1 on 1 interview...maybe 20 minutes or so? Hard to remember seeing as mine was almost a year ago. There's also a lot of talks by professors and 1st and 2nd year students. Everyone is there to help so don't be shy in asking questions! 

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

• Upvote 1

I interviewed at MCPHS Manchester this morning. I am very impressed with the school and the faculty. I got a chance to talk to some of my fellow interviewees and am really impressed with who they are and what their experiences are. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Congrats MrEven!!!! I was also at the interview on the 27th. I'm at work until Thursday evening so I won't get to check the mail until then.......now I really wanna go home and check it. 

• Upvote 1

Congratulations!! They sent my admission decision to the wrong address on accident:/ I hope it's good news!! But now I'm not sure where it is in the postal system :(

• Upvote 1

I live in Boston, just 50 miles south of MCPHS Manchester. Probably took one day for the mail to get to me, but I bet it'll take a few more days to get to Texas. I recall there was a woman from Texas in my interview cohort who mentioned something about a dog and wanting to rent a house. Is that you?

Hey guys! I'm currently a 1st year student at MCPHS Manchester and I know this forum was super helpful to me while applying. Just offering if anyone has questions or anything of the sort just PM me or post in here.

Thank you for offering your help! I have an interview later this week, what can I expect? do you have any words of wisdom?

Thank you for offering your help! I have an interview later this week, what can I expect? do you have any words of wisdom?

Sorry this is delayed, not sure if you've already had your interview. My best advice is to just relax and be yourself. They invited you to the interview because they were impressed by your skills. Now you just have to impress them with your personality. Don't try too hard because they can tell. Have some answers prepped to common questions such as "why do you want to be a PA?" or "What makes you want to come to MCPHS". Typical interview questions. Practice an interview with a friend or relative so that you get the rhythm of what you want to say down. They already like you, just time to show them why you like them.

I'm interviewing this week too! I'm pretty sure that you just have to get around and do everything on your own though, according to the emails. Can anyone tell me about how many students they accept each year? I really want to know my chances!