• 2 weeks later...

I'd say you definitely have enough time to prepare. For me what helped was a book called "Acing the Physician Assistant Interview". It had some interview questions and what would be good answers. From there I formulated my own answers and practiced. It's not going to be a tough interview, every professor has the same list of questions that they ask. It's up to you to make yourself stand out though. For me, practicing answers to questions like "why do you want to be a PA?" or "what made you chose MCPHS" was definitely helpful. Be prepared to talk about yourself and what you've done for HCE and what makes you stand out. It's just a 1 on 1 interview...maybe 20 minutes or so? Hard to remember seeing as mine was almost a year ago. There's also a lot of talks by professors and 1st and 2nd year students. Everyone is there to help so don't be shy in asking questions! 

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm currently a 1st year student at MCPHS Manchester and I know this forum was super helpful to me while applying. Just offering if anyone has questions or anything of the sort just PM me or post in here.

Thank you for offering your help! I have an interview later this week, what can I expect? do you have any words of wisdom?

Thank you for offering your help! I have an interview later this week, what can I expect? do you have any words of wisdom?

Sorry this is delayed, not sure if you've already had your interview. My best advice is to just relax and be yourself. They invited you to the interview because they were impressed by your skills. Now you just have to impress them with your personality. Don't try too hard because they can tell. Have some answers prepped to common questions such as "why do you want to be a PA?" or "What makes you want to come to MCPHS". Typical interview questions. Practice an interview with a friend or relative so that you get the rhythm of what you want to say down. They already like you, just time to show them why you like them.

• 2 months later...

Archived