Prerequisites

It depends on the school. I believe some won't allow you to have any incomplete prereqs during the application process, while others might only allow one. Others will be okay with it as long as you complete them before matriculation. Check with the programs you plan on applying to.

A&P at a community college is fine as long as it's an accredited college and make sure it's a year long sequence.

I think most people apply with courses still in progress. I applied with 3 courses in progress because I was taking them over the summer. I applied in May, updated Caspa with my grades for those 3 classes once they were completed (and mailed some transcripts to schools that requested updated transcripts), and I received a bunch of interviews. Also, as long as the programs you are applying to accept community college credit, you should be fine.

Whoa! I just replied to a previous post in which you said you would be missing physics and calculus. Now it's biochemistry and statistics. And you are now adding a bunch of withdrawals. You seem to be trolling. If that is the case please don't waste everyone's time. We try to be helpful to each other on this forum and don't want to be treated as suckers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Maybe you aren't ready to be applying this time around. Having --at least-- four courses in queue and questionable transcripts... I feel like you can finish your courses and bolster your CASPA in other ways (i.e. patient contact, volunteering, shadowing) so AdComs will take you more seriously. Your GPA is competitive now, so you could also select schools who focus on your last ~70 credit hours. Do research on schools you are applying to. Most questions you seem to be asking are school specific.

Good luck :)

Trolling? Give me a break. Physics and calculus are not required for PA school, biochemistry and statistics are. Yes, I have one more year after applying, but to my understanding that is the norm; you apply one year before you graduate putting off as few school specific prerequisites as possible. I havr two left. I do not have a great community college transcript, which has me worried. I have over 5000 hrs HCE, a strong GPA currently, and registered for the GRE in April. You've offended me and I hope you use more tact in your other conversations. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Trolling? Give me a break. Physics and calculus are not required for PA school, biochemistry and statistics are. Yes, I have one more year after applying, but to my understanding that is the norm; you apply one year before you graduate putting off as few school specific prerequisites as possible. I havr two left. I do not have a great community college transcript, which has me worried. I have over 5000 hrs HCE, a strong GPA currently, and registered for the GRE in April. You've offended me and I hope you use more tact in your other conversations. Thanks.

I use tact when it is merited. Until the above post you gave us few facts to go on. Why so thin skinned? More to the point, why did you start two threads? Your problem is going to be admissions committees who, if you advance to an interview on the first go around, will be a lot tougher on you. You need to learn to deal "tactfully" with criticism. BTW, I agree with the previous post stating that what you think it's normal may apply to med school but not necessarily PA school.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

BTW, I agree with the previous post stating that what you think it's normal may apply to med school but not necessarily PA school.

I think most BS degrees in biological sciences (or variation of biology) requires physics and calculus in order to graduate. It's just part of the curriculum and not something you choose to take.

I do agree that many (maybe most) PAs are non traditional students but I know quite a few friends from college that went straight into PA school. (they had very strong grades and mediocre health experience) Many universities now have a "pre-PA" track that students can start from their freshman year of college so I am not sure there is a "norm" for PA programs. It's diverse which I think is exciting because you have a variety of students matriculating with many different life experiences to share.

The important things are to fully comprehend what you are getting yourself into and understand the PA profession. If you are accepted, I highly doubt anyone would say, "you're a traditional student, you can't sit with us!" :)

I am taking a traditional bio track, which is why I need physics and calculus, but I myself am not traditional. I am 28 with two children. I have been a CNA for 12 years and have accrued around 5000 hrs HCE. Perhaps it is not standard to apply with ine year remaining, but it's what I've been advised to do. I do not plan on applying to med school. Today I will call the schools I plan to apply and make sure I'm on the right track.

The W's concern me.....I had one W and one C on my transcripts and was asked to explain them in every one of my interviews even though I'd retaken the courses and done well....I'd just be prepared to explain those in essays (some supplementals will ask about blemishes on your transcripts) or interviews.

Archived