The big 5

I keep hearing to study the big five, but get slightly different answers when it comes to EENT. I thought that EENT was 10% the same as Ortho and GI. What subjects do you consider most important? Any other tips to help par down my studying and find the best way to study the material. I feel like I am overwhelmed with how much there is to know for PANCE. My exam master scores(use other banks too and about the same) are approx 50%. The scores jumped up a little when I started, but have not increased much at all since last month despite studying. I am getting close to my test date in a month and thinking I should post-pone it a little(bad habit of keep pushing back), but I can't push it off more than at max 2-4weeks. Thank you to all the people that take the time to respond and share their strategies.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not so much that EENT is weighted so heavily -it is 9% --remember that "ortho" is 10% BUT it is ortho PLUS rheum -so EENT is actually significant and NO one bothers studying it -cuz it is considered easy --except for the pesky vertigo, SNHL, head and neck cancers etc... For a quick review, to get a few more Qs correct visit my blog ---- scroll down for the eye and ENT PANCE review posts -u will have to scroll a bit, but they r there-- JackieKazik.tumblr.com

And best of luck! Let me know if I can be of more help!

Archived