Stupid medicare!!

So after being able to order oxygen in the home and CPAP or BiPAP for my patients for many years they now have changed guidelines and require The office note in the prescription to be signed by a physician.

I own my own practice, my physician is not on site, this is a major PIA

Then at the same time I see that specialty physicians income is rising faster than anybody else, big article showing that in 1985 dermatologists and internal medicine docs earned about the same, now some 25 years later dermatologists earn almost 3 times what internal medicine does. Stupid Medicare.

Yup, their reasoning is to prevent fraud.  Somehow a physician signs your note and prevents fraud.  In the real world the physician who signs your note and never saw the patient is the one committing fraud.  

Stupid Medicare.  Stupid people who run Medicare.  

Then at the same time I see that specialty physicians income is rising faster than anybody else, big article showing that in 1985 dermatologists and internal medicine docs earned about the same, now some 25 years later dermatologists earn almost 3 times what internal medicine does. Stupid Medicare.

Haven't you heard about the R.O.A.D. to success?

R-radiology

O-ophthalmology

A-anesthesia

D-dermatology

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your troubles ventana.  It's total BS

I thought those rules were on hold?  It will affect more than just Ventana.  PC, EM, hospital med, everyone will have to submit to these rules.  Apparently it's in the works to get fixed but what I remember is that CMS will not change it.  It is another restriction to care for patients and PA/NP running around trying to get signatures PLUS have the office note with the order is a royal pain.  I thought we were supposed to be going to a paperless system with all the ehr's and this is NOT True!  

the enforcement is put on hold but the vendors are enacting them so that medicare will not withold payment if they ever change....

totally screws me.....

Ohhh, that's why the home medical guy was at our clinic last week and I heard him say something about gathering signatures from the doc and discussing with the nurses.  I was down the hall and missed most of the conversation.  

Archived