Should I take on these 4 pre-reqs concurrently?

I'm obviously trying to knock out the prereqs as fast as possible while maintaining A's but I also don't want to bit off more than I can chew, No doubt most of you have been in this position,

EMT-B (8 credits)

Chem 1 (4cr)

Anat and Phys 1(4cr)

Nutrition (4cr)

I'm not a genius and don't have a science background. Looking for advice/personal experience I guess. I can already tell that Chem is going to be very time intensive. Nutrition is the latest add-on and I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Anatomy can be challenging, lots of little things to remember. Especially if you have a cadaver lab component. EMT is fun, hands on training/repetition. General chem isn't too terrible. It's usually good to pair classes that will compliment each other.

What time of day/how many hours per day is the EMT course? You're full time without it (12 credits). Although it usually isn't a strenuous course, it does tend to eat up time (nights/weekends).

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

EMT is going to be 2 nights a week(8 hrs total) with a Saturday thrown in once in a while. I'm most excited to take this, and A&P has me very interested from what I've learned so far, mostly from watching youtube vids. Those 2 courses should compliment each other and I ended up throwing in nutrition b/c it goes with the flow and I'm already maxed out on tuition.  

I would break this up just for sanity sake:

emt+ a+p one term

chem + nutrition another.

chem always takes more time than you think it will due totime spent in lab, writing lab reports, etc

probably doable in 1 term but it would not be fun and your grades might suffer. you need to nail all of these with As.

• Administrator

A&P and EMT have some good synergy between them.  Chem and nutrition less so, but it doesn't hurt to add them in as well.  I don't know if you can keep a 4.0 while doing all that, but that combination and intensity of classes sounds like a good dry run for PA school.

Archived