Recent University of Utah Interviews

Congrats rcreek! When did you hear?

I received an e-mail yesterday morning (Monday 11/11). An official letter of acceptance should be arriving in the mail today.

angraff and choggan - Did I meet either of you guys at the interview?

I was so impressed with the other applicants interviewing at UPAP. I don't envy the admissions committee trying to decide who will join the program.

Rcreek, I met you! I'm Amber L. I sat with you and your wife at the social.

I agree that there were so many qualified applicants. It will be a tough decision for them!

Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on Monday.

Did you hear of anyone else receiving an invite?

Oh yes, I remember you well Amber. I have not heard of anyone else being accepted but I'm sure they are out there.

And choggan/chantel, my first name is Ryan.

Did they allow for an opportunity to meet with current students?  If so, what was it like?  

Oh yeah there are plenty of opportunities to meet with current students: 1) At the student panel  2) During the social  3) During the tour of some of the facilities.

There was far more interaction with current students than I experienced at the other programs, and they were very open and honest. You could ask them questions that you may not have been comfortable asking faculty. They did not downplay the difficulty of the program but at the same time were excited to be there.

Just got done interviewing this weekend.  AMAZING program. Faculty and current students were all so nice and helpful, and those being interviewed... WOW!  So many awesome people in one room.  I am not envious of the committee for having to make that tough decision. Rejection letters won't be going out until Monday at least ggaertner.  They were waiting for my group to interview this weekend.

Good luck everyone, and congrats to those that have already been accepted!  What an amazing feeling that must be!

received a bulk email saying did not get in for the 2014 class. bummer. now work hard to reapply for 2015. i was wondering what are the chances for reapplicants and do they keep your application from the previous year. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I personally know a recent UPAP graduate that applied the 1st year and did not get in, but continued to improve and got in the next year. I do think that happens fairly often. I think your chances are even greater if you were already interviewed.

Archived