Clinical Survival Guide for PA Students

Yeah, this is a required text for us for rotations...problem is.....if you try to order it from the web site, it charges you for overnight shipping whether or not you want it. I tried emailing AND calling the company....NO ONE IS ANSWERING ME!!!!!!!!

I would advise people to be careful before ordering this book, only because my whole class has either had to wait for them to get back to us.....or paid twice as much as they wanted to because of the web site screw up.

I am VERY leary of this publisher because of this. Seem kind fo shady to me.:eek:

Yeah, this is a required text for us for rotations...problem is.....if you try to order it from the web site, it charges you for overnight shipping whether or not you want it. I tried emailing AND calling the company....NO ONE IS ANSWERING ME!!!!!!!!

I would advise people to be careful before ordering this book, only because my whole class has either had to wait for them to get back to us.....or paid twice as much as they wanted to because of the web site screw up.

I am VERY leary of this publisher because of this. Seem kind fo shady to me.:eek:

It did take some time for me to receive my copy. I gather that this is a self-published book and that he works with a print-to-order company to fulfill orders. Excellent book, and I had no troubles with my order.

It is listed on Amazon.com

Currently it is "unavailable", but that may be a good option if they get some copies in soon.

It has been for almost a year. Ecampus sold it to us, then refunded our money when they couldn't get copies from the publisher. There was someone selling a used copy on half.com, but they sold it. :cool:

It just seems like the only way to get it is to pay the outragious shipping. I just refuse to do that.:mad:

I will post if I ever hear from them!

:D

It has been for almost a year. Ecampus sold it to us, then refunded our money when they couldn't get copies from the publisher. There was someone selling a used copy on half.com, but they sold it. :cool:

It just seems like the only way to get it is to pay the outragious shipping. I just refuse to do that.:mad:

I will post if I ever hear from them!

:D

I emailed them (3) days ago and received a response. In my opinion, you really can't put a $$ amount on this resource. I would have paid 3x as much - that's the value I am receiving from it. If your in no hurry, just keep eyeing amazon, half, ebay, etc and they will pop up.

I emailed them (3) days ago and received a response. In my opinion, you really can't put a $$ amount on this resource. I would have paid 3x as much - that's the value I am receiving from it. If your in no hurry, just keep eyeing amazon, half, ebay, etc and they will pop up.

What was their response? Was it regarding making you pay $25 for shipping?

Guest WhoCares

$25 shipping! How heavy is the thing? I thought it was a pocket manual! Maybe it's really large print?

They should just charge more for the manual itself, that would come across as less ridiculous.

It is a small handbook, the $25 for shipping is NOT because it is heavy. Their web site automatically defaults to the overnight shipping. It says that you can choose your shipping, and other options are on the drop down menu. BUT when you go to check out, it defaults to the overnight. If you ask me, it is deceptive business practice. But being the internet, I guess there isn't much you can do.

As far as them responding to your email, I am happy for you. But they still have not responded to my request to order a large quantity. JUst seems strange that they don't want to sell an easy 25 copies.....but oh well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived