Were you missing any prereqs when you got accepted to PA school?

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me wandering over from the prePA forum. I am applying this spring and have what I consider a fairly competetive applicant except I am missing some prereqs. The prereqs I am missing and when I will be taking them are:

AP 1 - taking this summer

Microbiology - taking this fall

Biochemistry - taking this fall

Statistics - taking this fall or next spring

Can anyone tell me if they applied without prereqs and got in? I have some other upper level, non prereq courses done (medical sociology, genetics, senior reading/writing in biology, calculus, ochem 1 and 2, physics 1 and 2). All my other prereqs are finished. I am a junior majoring in biology, I may or may not get in this cycle, but want to try, because if I wait and get in NEXT cycle, I will have to take a year off (not the worse thing in the world but still). Thanks everyone for any help you can offer.

I got accepted with 2 pre reqs missing--organic and medical terminology. Just check with the school because they usually have a limit. Some require they all be met by the time you apply.

What about the rest of your application? HCE?

If you take that year off and get more HCE your application will be more competitive AND you'll be more prepared for PA school.

Not a PA but it depends on the school. Some require that you complete the remaining pre-reqs by the Spring semester before you start the program and some require that you have them all completed by the time you apply. Check with the programs you are applying to..

I plan on applying with a couple outstanding prereqs. A couple schools I'm looking at have a Sept 1st deadline and require all prereqs to be complete by then. But i'm not waiting until August 28th when summer II is over and I finish up A&P. I've spoken to the schools and they are more than adamant that I apply before I finish APII. (though it will be complete by the app deadline).

Archived