Overall GPA versus Healthcare experience

Greetings,

After calculating my overall GPA, it looks like my application for school next spring will have an overall GPA of 2.9 with my last 60 hovering around 3.5 (as well as science being over 3.0) and me having between 6000 and 7000 hours of patient care as a paramedic. This unfortunately will not be taking into account the summer and fall semesters that I will be enrolled in order to finish my bachelors degree, which would push me right to about 3.0/3.1 overall. 

With most schools having a minimum of a 3.0 in order to apply, does anyone have any suggestions about either specific schools that may look more at both HCE as well as recent performance (i.e the entire applicant) or ones that have a lower overall GPA requirement? I feel fairly confident that I can explain the low overall GPA and have a fantastic personal statement but the barrier to even getting looked it is still looming.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived