failed pance

i keep failing the pance by a couple of points..i feel like i have tried everything except kaplan or the cme review course. i am from the los angeles area...does anyone know of any tutors or anyone that would like to study together for the pance? i study alone but i feel like if i were to study with someone it would help me. if anyone can help that would be great.

Sorry to hear that. Did you graduate from Western? I just took the PANCE last week and got my score today, 462. I took 5 weeks to study; I did 2.5 weeks of reviewing of the AAPA blue print book and then I did every Kaplan and PAeasy question. The key to doing questions is you should be reading the explanations as a lot of test questions come from the explanation. I was ranging around ~60-65% on Kaplan and 70% on PAeasy. You can either do questions by system to system but I did the questions randomly. After I finished, I used LANGE Q&A and did questions by system (only did the BIG 4 and the areas I was weak in). Finally, packrats were helpful. I was scoring ~160 and got up to ~180 by the end of the month. 

I just took it 1.5 weeks ago and the passing cutoff was 350.  My classmates said theirs was the same though one said hers had a passing score of 305.  I found ExamMaster and the Davis PANCE Book (by someone named Diamond) to be very helpful.  If you are continuously having trouble with it, and feel as if you know the information, perhaps it is a test anxiety issue.  Ultimately, if you do not know the material, memorizing most commons and random facts will avail you little.  In my experience it was designed to make you think.  Keep your head up and focus, if you give up you will never pass.

I'm a self-study type person. I took it September 7th.  I basically did questions in several different review books... (and passed with 530).  I took it very soon out of rotations, so everything was still fresh. (So only really intensely studied about a week in reality).  The books I used were:

Peterson's Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam

Davis's PA Exam Review

Kaplan PANCE

LearningExpress PANCE: power practice (which includes an online practice exam)

Davis Classroom to Clinic Study System

and reviewed Winberry's PANCE/PANRE Flash Review

I also had Van Rhee's review course our last couple of weeks of rotations, plus did some questions in the Kaplan Qbank.

A lot of people do the intense review courses.  Might be helpful.

Look over your PANCE results breakdown and intensely study the ones you did the worst on.  Of course, you are probably already doing that.  

Archived