change in medicare/medicaide rules and ability to work without direct supervision

Guest JMPA

i throw this out there as an interesting finding. in NYS workmans compensation requires that a MD be on site for all PA management of patients. this is based on the old medicare guidlines. those guidlines have changed effective 3/2013. although the medicare guilines have changed the wc guidlines have not been updated. this severely limits the abilities of nys pas to work to thier full proficiency. i really would like to have some input on this and who one may contact (exp: nysspa, aapa, the new org. whom i forgot the title of) to look into this and initiate a change. to all whom are interested please use this to promote our profession. medicare guide lines and wc guidelines can be compared to divulge the finding

has AAPA stepped into this?

what about PAFT??

this is something that i had noticed after debating clinical practice with a friend. after researching these were my findings. i personally have not contacted anybody. this is the first mention of it after my discovery, i would like to have paft, aapa, nysspa and anyone else onboard

Archived