One good news for practitioners in GA. GA PDMP

I use it in California and I run it on every single person with a pain complaint that comes into any of the ERs I work at. It's an amazing tool that has significantly cut down on push back by patients seeking pain medication in the ER. The evidence, when presented on paper to the patient, is very powerful. "sir, I don't understand why you're here because you just picked up #120 10mg norco three days ago" and the mouths just drop open. Additionally, you can see who is prescribing those medications. I have gone so far as to contact my fellow PAs and warn them of my suspicions of abuse based on multiple scripts from different DEA numbers. The process for registration is long, but really, really worth it

I cannot adequately express to you how amazingly simple and powerful that printed report can be when dealing with a patient that is alergic to tylenol, vicodin, norco, toradol, compazine, benadryly....etc., and they want "IV dilaudid" or a "Pain shot".... well sir, you filled a script for #60 Norco three days ago in Reno. End of discussion.

Archived