Interviews 2013!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who have been accepted!  I know they just made acceptance calls to those who recently interviewed last week.  Is there anyone still waiting for an interview invite? It's been over 8 weeks now and still no word either way (knock on wood as I haven't checked my home mailbox yet today).  It's confusing because I know applicants who unfortunately were rejected and their applications were received by OHSU around roughly the same date as mine.  Does anyone have any insight as to how many seats they have filled? And if they plan on another round of interviews, thank you!

Shawba08, my application was complete the same day as yours, 9/24, and I still haven't heard anything. It's been nine weeks and one day, ugh. Since someone else whose application was complete right around the same time as ours already received a rejection letter, I'm hoping that's good news. Heck, any day without a rejection letter is good news, right? Hopefully we'll get invitations to interview emailed to us next week. The website says they interview through January with the class being filled in February. Good luck!

I apologize for the added and unnecessary anxiety my comment created. If they gave you a timeline after the interview then that's what I would go by. And as MICU71 said, PA programs typically give immediate acceptance calls to a very select few applicants.

No, no- I appreciate the insight about your friend! I just am anxiously waiting for word from OHSU so at first I was disappointed, but MICU71 brought me back to reality that these PA program decisions are certainly unpredictable! So I will continue to wait patiently:) Enjoy your thanksgiving, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawba08, my application was complete the same day as yours, 9/24, and I still haven't heard anything. It's been nine weeks and one day, ugh. Since someone else whose application was complete right around the same time as ours already received a rejection letter, I'm hoping that's good news. Heck, any day without a rejection letter is good news, right? Hopefully we'll get invitations to interview emailed to us next week. The website says they interview through January with the class being filled in February. Good luck!

I submitted my application on September 12 and as of two weeks ago I still hadn't heard anything back. I e-mailed Connie to ask her about it and she said that my application was still being reviewed, and that there had been a delay due to committee members attending a national conference, along with a large influx of October applications. She said that she expected to have my file back within the next week or so, however I've yet to hear anything else. It's definitely tough waiting, but it's at least good to know that it's still being reviewed. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, don't fret - the admissions committee is meeting for the final time sometime this week to finalize the class :) I interviewed on the very last day of interviews, (1/24) and they said we should know this week or at the very latest the beginning of next week. I honestly didn't think I did all that well in my interview so I'm not expecting much, but everyone was so incredibly kind and welcoming, and they did such a nice job of making us feel at home! Fingers crossed I get a call, but I know the competition is crazy!! Good luck everyone! Stay positive!

Archived