Emory Supplemental - Narrative formatting issues

Hey,

For those of you that have completed the supplemental application, were you able to copy/paste your personal statement into the narrative box? All I am able to do in it is type. Did anyone submit their statement in a separate document from the supplemental?

Would love to know if I'm just going about it wrong...

Thanks!

I wasn't able to paste it either for some reason... retyped the whole thing. It didn't even take 5 minutes but it was a hassle. There should've been some way to get it to paste, but I just wanted to get the supplemental in so I didn't try to figure it out. Hopefully you can though - good luck!!

Thanks Alexandra -- at least now I know that I'm not crazy! Last night, I contacted admissions and was told "We know it works, because we have over 600 supplemental applications in house."

I feel like an idiot now... but will try re-downloading the supplement and pasting it in again. My narrative is ~850 words, so I really don't want to retype it.

mbalaban -- what version of word were you using? I'm in Office 2007. I have tried downloading the Supplemental with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Nothing will let me copy/paste.

I recounted... 760 words, not 850. It's not the most concise statement, but, I wanted to be sure to answer every part of the prompt.

Actually, I screwed up. I downloaded the file and just typed in my answers since I couldn't get the formatting to work right on the initial file. So, guess I don't count. nevermind. lol. I tried to make sure I got all the prompts covered and said my piece too, but only about 600 words. But whatever it takes to get it done. :) I wish we could fast forward a few weeks though so I could get an invite and plan my life/days, and quit incessantly checking email. lol

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Alexandra -- at least now I know that I'm not crazy! Last night, I contacted admissions and was told "We know it works, because we have over 600 supplemental applications in house."

I feel like an idiot now... but will try re-downloading the supplement and pasting it in again. My narrative is ~850 words, so I really don't want to retype it.

hey! I submitted my supplemental application the first week of august. TRUST me I had the same issues! I attached my essay in addition though and told them "I was having formatting issues so here's an attachment just in case" I could make any paragraph breaks or anything!

Archived