Quality of adimissions package

I would like to ask the general opinion of the strength of my application which will be turned in soon. I recently obtained my B.S. in biology 3.76 overall and 3.71 science GPA. I am a former US Army field medic 3 years active 2 reserve. I have 24 recent hours of shadow time and 100 hours also recent volunteer time. I believed this to be a fairly strong application but after reading some posts recently I am worried. I know its super competitive would appreciate any advice on strengthening my application in a short time, or a rating of my application as it stands.

Your cumulative and sci GPA are great. Your HCE is second to none. Depending on how you sell yourself in your app (personal statement, volunteer service, LORs that quantify your experience, and finally interviews), I would say you could be a competitor for most programs especially those that look highly on (real) experience.

PM me if you need any guidance thru the application process, I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for your service.

@jwfohn:

It appears you are competitive for many programs, including Indiana University's in Indianapolis. We do provide an admission bonus for active duty or honorably discharged servicemembers with documentation. If you have at least 500 hours documented of patient care involvement, and you have GRE or MCAT scores, I hope you'll consider applying.

Best,

Josh Morrison

Director, Student Enrollment Services

IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI

paadmit@iupui.edu

You're more than competitive Soldier Medic (yeah...I know it's cheesy). Your grades are more than solid and HCE as a 91/68W is second to none! Your volunteer time and shadowing are on point as well. The biggest thing you have left to do to make your packet the best it can be is your personal statement. Rock that and on paper, I'd say you're better than a large majority of applicants.

From there, really focus on why you want to be a PA and when it comes time to apply (like 6 months prior) start making it important emotionally and REALLY invest that energy into positioning yourself for success. After all that, it's just you and the ADCOM and odds are you handled much more stress on the lanes at Ft. Sam. So breathe, be yourself and show them who you are.

Keep up the good work and if you need any help, I'd be happy to do what I can.

All the way!

Archived