Pance

I take my exam in 9 days and I am stressed. I am getting high 60's to low 80's on my practice exams. I am using HIPPO PA, AAPA book ( which is okay) and Van Rhee. I am not happy until I get solid 70's in every subject. Does anyone know the percentage needed to pass this horrific test?

While it is great to try to perform well in every area, make sure you review the relative percent contribution of each system on the NCCPA website. For example:

-Cardio, pulm, GI and musculoskeletal make up almost half of the exam. Weaknesses in one or more of these areas must be addressed. People who do not do well on the PANCE usually do not perform well in one or more of these.

-Heme/onc and infectious can be very complex and take hours to study. Together, they only make up 6% of the exam.

In the time you have left, be certain to focus your efforts where they can do the most good. If you performed well in PA school, you should have no reason to fear the PANCE. Good luck!

While it is great to try to perform well in every area, make sure you review the relative percent contribution of each system on the NCCPA website. For example:

-Cardio, pulm, GI and musculoskeletal make up almost half of the exam. Weaknesses in one or more of these areas must be addressed. People who do not do well on the PANCE usually do not perform well in one or more of these.

-Heme/onc and infectious can be very complex and take hours to study. Together, they only make up 6% of the exam.

In the time you have left, be certain to focus your efforts where they can do the most good. If you performed well in PA school, you should have no reason to fear the PANCE. Good luck!

Great answer. And for a detailed list of what to expect, go here http://www.nccpa.net/ExamsContentBPOrgans.

Look this page over, click the links!!! NCCPA is pretty transparent on what the test might have in it and to what level. Best bet is to focus your time on high percentage areas (not saying you shouldn't try to be proficient in all areas, just talking test stratagy).

Archived