Attire for Open House?

I will be attending an open house at a school where I will be interviewing a few weeks later. What is the best thing to wear to the open house? I went to one when I was a senior in high school, and it was definitely casual. But now that I have applied, and may run across some people I may be interviewing with later, I am unsure what I should wear.

Thanks!

• Administrator

Casual yet stylish. Males--khakis or slacks and a polo shirt or dress shirt are a perennial favorite. Women--whatever is the equivalent. I don't recommend outright casual--as in, things you would be comfortable in--but rather things that project an aura of someone who is comfortable in attire in which it would be appropriate to see patients.

I've been to three open houses and dressed business casual in all of them. From what I've seen, half of the students catch on and dress business casual whereas the other half wear jeans and T-shirts. Which group would you rather be in? You are going to be meeting and talking to people who sit on the admissions committees so it never hurts to look professional and really show that you're serious about their school.

Archived