Class of 2016

Hi All,

I got my invite to interview by email today. Interview is Aug 7. I was alternate last year so I am looking forward to the interview and meeting the other interviewees. Last year the wait for interview, then the wait for accept/reject/alternate seemed forever. I started this thread so we can keep in touch and share info we learn along the way!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first semester (fall 2013) we didn't have any integration into the clinic. One of our professors set up shadowing opportunities over the summer for many of the students, including myself. Our year's master's project is in the clinic as well, and that starts fall 2013. I'm not sure if you all will have the same format for your master's project though. The professors here put a lot of time into the students, and are always thinking of different ways to get the students involved in the clinic before 2nd year. So I'm sure your grade will have something different that our grade didn't get to do.

the interview process was a little different this year than last year...but last year i heard back after around a week! some advice I found helpful for my interview last year was to find something unique about yourself that makes you different and stand out from others. the interview is a really long day, so be prepared. but many of my classmates will be there to help out with the interview process.

To those who asked how interview was structured last year: this is my best recollection ... the group ~12 interviewees was addressed by directors, then we rotated through a couple of one-on-one interviews, a one interviewee and two interviewer scenario and a group interview with four of us. Each session was around 20 minutes. Then we had a wrap-up / questions session and tour of classrooms etc.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I know classes start back Monday. Hopefully emails get sent out Friday or Monday morning. I don't see them dragging the process past their two week break and into a new term. Seems like they would already have enough going on without trying to find a time for everyone to get together and go over applicants. Good luck to all! Let us know if you hear anything!

Archived