Application cycle for 2013-2014

Hey cawatts- I believe the waiting list is just because they don't know what will be available, but the person I've been talking to at Treybrooke (Chelsie) also said that they fill up very quickly for August rentals because all the new health sciences students are moving in. I haven't been to look at apartments yet- I'm thinking I'll go visit sometime in March. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should also consider the Wainwright Properties buildings (Moss Creek, etc.) and Holly Glen. Treybrooke is terribly overpriced, and while its entrance is across the street from campus, the apartments are tucked deep in the complex and you may be a half-mile from the Health Sciences Building.

Treybrooke tries to make a selling point of being close to campus, but the walk is too long to be practical (especially for early morning classes) and the road medians between Treybrooke and campus make driving a pain as well. Many people move elsewhere after a year of seeing how much money they're wasting.

rwordso: Obviously it varies each year, but just for context, a student in the most recent class made it off the wait list 6 days before the first day of classes. That's not typical or ideal, of course, but ECU maintains a small wait list, and as the dust settles from all the other schools sending out their own acceptances and rejections, a few spots always open up.

cawatts: A parking permit for the Health Sciences campus runs $180.00 a year, and there are always plenty of spaces. Since the HSC isn't contiguous with the rest of the university, you don't have to deal with the congestion of main campus.

On the immunizations sheet that is to be sent in, there is a sections for our Student ID number. I believe this is something that we will we receive once we are admitted to the graduate school, therefore we cannot send our immunization records until we have received that acceptance......Right???

Has anybody been admitted to the graduate school and can verify that my line of thinking is correct???

• 3 weeks later...

Trobin58 - I heard back from the graduate school in early March, but it took them a solid month or so from when I completed the application and had all my transcripts turned in. You are correct about receiving the banner ID in the grad school acceptance packet and needing that for the immunization forms.

Trobin58 - I heard back from the graduate school in early March, but it took them a solid month or so from when I completed the application and had all my transcripts turned in. You are correct about receiving the banner ID in the grad school acceptance packet and needing that for the immunization forms.

Thanks! I guess I will just continue waiting.....

Archived