Application cycle for 2013-2014

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an interview invite for January 24th, which now I am thoroughly confused because I just started an accelerated BSN program that I originally applied to because I seriously doubted that I was competitive enough and had put PA school out of consideration until after getting my BSN. What do you guys think? Is the class close to full..would I even have a chance?

I'm interviewing tomorrow- can anyone comment on the interview style? Is it laid back? are there group interviews and individual interviews? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks and good luck everyone! Also, @TarheelGirlx3 - I would definitely go to the interview, even if its just for the experience. I applied to 3 schools last year, only got an interview at 1, and didn't get in. This year I applied to 10 schools, have been offered 8 interviews, attended 5 interviews, been accepted to 4, and am still interviewing just because every school is so different and has a different feel. Who knows, you may go to ECU, completely fall in love with the program and faculty, and decide you want to go to PA school this year instead of a BSN program! That's just my 2 cents. It never hurts to try. 

Hi all! Just found the forum and thought I would share my experience/news. I interviewed in November in the afternoon and just got an email this week saying that I would be receiving a formal letter of acceptance next week. I'm SO excited to have the chance to be apart of the class of 2016! Has anyone else heard from the school?

Hi all,

Congrats to everybody who has been invited for an interview and/or accepted!  For those of you who have already been accepted into the PA program, have you heard anything from ECU"s graduate program regarding your acceptance into the graduate school?  I have been waiting to get a definite confirmation from the graduate program before signing a lease in Greenville; however, I still haven't heard anything :(  Any advice is greatly appreciated!  

Thanks!

Hey everyone, so excited to get to know some future classmates! Can you post a link for the Facebook group to this website so that those who have been accepted can find it?

korleskia09 - I haven't heard back from the grad school yet either, but just got confirmation that the application was completed on Jan 20, so I don't know how long it takes them. Do you already know where you are planning on living?

@cawatts  Glad to know I am not the only one who hasn't heard back!  

I am considering Signature Place or the Heritage because they seem pretty affordable.  I'm trying to decide if it's appropriate for us to go ahead and start signing leases or not.  I went to ECU for undergrad and know how quickly the undergraduate apartment complexes fill up; I'm just not sure if the graduate apartment complexes are the same.  How about you/other future classmates??? (: 

I am looking into houses with the roommates I have now! I just completed my graduate school application today... 

I want to set up the FB page but I have to add at least one person to it to be able to make it and I'm not friends with anyone in the program yet! So add me on FB and I will make it!

I've never lived in Greenville so I have no idea where to live! One of my friends from the med school there lives in Treybrooke. He also suggested Signature Place, the Heritage and Meridian Park. What do you guys who are more familiar with Greenville think? I will probably make a trip to look at some places in March (or as soon as they give us more information about we start, etc.) I think I want to live by myself for the didactic portion of the program, but it would be nice to live in a complex with some other classmates. 

@canden16 - how can I find you on FB? My name is Cayce Watts, so there shouldn't be too many if you search that. 

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to get to know you all! I've been looking into Treybrooke and they said I could get on their waiting list- I like the idea of walking to class in the morning vs. driving in. Can anyone from the Greenville comment on crime in the area? I'm from Durham and there is just certain areas you wouldn't want to live in- is it the same for Greenville?

Hey kris_..I currently live in Durham too! I'm not super familiar with Greenville, but from what I've heard most of the apartment complexes right around the health sciences/hospital area are safe (like Treybrooke). Have you been to look at any apartments yet? Do they have a waiting list for now just because they don't know whats going to be available 5-6 months down the road or they aren't planning on having many available units? 

Archived