Thanks Beacy.

You were accepted as well, right?  Do you plan on attending?  I am waiting to hear back from a couple other schools as well. 

Yes, I was.  I've placed my down payment, to attend, but I am waiting for other schools as well.  I didn't want to pass on an acceptance :)

Yes, I was.  I've placed my down payment, to attend, but I am waiting for other schools as well.  I didn't want to pass on an acceptance :)

Yup that is exactly how I planned it lol.  I am a little concerned about the ARC PA accreditation though.  Im sure it doesnt matter because LIU is one of the oldest programs around, and has alot of history in the PA profession... does anyone know if it is 2015, or 2020 for the next accreditation? 

Hello everyone. Just thought I could update you on LIU --

At my interview on 11/21 the director of admissions said they have already filled half of their class. Also, she said the max amount of students they will seat is 43 but usually they seat around 40-42. 

Hi all,

I have my interview on Wednesday and I am pretty nervous! Did they ask anything out of the ordinary? I did not realize that half the class is already filled!

They only asked a few questions, basic stuff.  For instance, Why LIU, Why PA? It was definitely quick and to the point. Be calm and realize that they asked you for an interview because they saw something in your application that made you stand out. You will do great!

Hi guys, I know I'm a little late in the game based on when you all started posting on here, I received an email today that read a decision has been made regarding my status in the program and to look out for something in the mail soon and I had the option to look up my admissions status online. It directed me to this link and I don't even have a username/password set up with them. I haven't interviewed with them, so I was wondering if any of you have received the same email and what it means? I tried calling them today and couldn't get ahold of anyone. Please help, thank you!

Hey i got the same email twice. I don't think it applies to program itself but the school admission in general. Everytime i call the dept they tell me to wait for email as they're still reviewing my application. I applied 10-11-13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think alot of people get these emails because they filled out forms on the actual LIU website for graduate admissions.  CASPA is all that matters.  If you are worried about just call the school they are really good at answering questions if you are proactive.  

Anyone else still waiting to hear back about potential interview? Applied 9/1 and they still have not gotten to review my application. Hope there are still seat left...

Call them... but like every school they will give you a generic response-- just be patient.  LIU brooklyn, from my knowledge, had over 4000 applicants this year and still are processing applications since the deadline has not passed.  When you apply to schools in large cities, such as NYC compared to other schools in more rural areas, the turn around time is usually longer because the applicant pool is likely larger.  Unlike CASPA, schools don't have ten's to hundred's of people processing applications and making decisions, its more like 5-15 people doing all of this.  Usually those 5-15 people are also PA-C's who teach and work as well.    

I actually just received an email today saying that "a decision has been made on my application...sign in to view...etc" I feel like I've seen people post this before. I don't think I have an account set up though. I suppose I'll just wait on the letter

Hey ncsupas -- I also interviewed on Nov. 21st and received the same email yesterday. I also don't have any username or password, so I'm just waiting for the letter as well.

Me too! I applied in October as well! Because the other school accepted me i dnt even count on admission to liu even though it was my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, submitted Caspa Sept 1st and followed up a few times including recently and they keep saying they have not gotten to my app yet.

Have you guys called in and asked recently?