?Peace Corps Medical Officer?

Has anyone worked as a Peace Corps Medical Officer, or seriously looked into it? I'm an experienced primary care PA, the kids are grown, my husband is retired, and I'm thinking this might be something interesting and rewarding to do....but I'd love to hear from someone who has actually done it.....Thanks.....

Has anyone worked as a Peace Corps Medical Officer, or seriously looked into it? I'm an experienced primary care PA, the kids are grown, my husband is retired, and I'm thinking this might be something interesting and rewarding to do....but I'd love to hear from someone who has actually done it.....Thanks.....
I seriously looked into it back in the early 90s. I think I did a phone interview. We had just gotten back from living in Egypt and were looking for another ave. of getting back overseas. I thought it sound like a great opportunity, mostly caring for the workers themselves. I would prefer to take care of indigenous peoples, but that would have to be as a volunteer. The only reason I didn't go at the time was my father got suddenly ill and it wasn't good timing for us to leave the country. I may consider it after I retire.

Archived