Fall 2011 Acceptance

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MJPPA,

Where'd you end up getting into that you declined your waitlist? Also, here's a question. Did any "waitlist" notifications for some come out before email acceptances to others? This is tough to verbalize. Let's say there's two people- A and B. On Jan 1, A gets an email notifiying him/her that they have been waitlisted. Then, on Jan 5, B, who has not received a waitlist email prior, receives an accpetance email. Had anyone been through something like this? I'm wondering what the strategy here is with these guys. I'm part of the few who have heard absolutely nothing. My grades are good, have a lot of diversity points for different life achievements, etc. In other words, I feel as though I'm a strong candidate. I have been accepted into one school that is far away (I have a family, so moving isn't an option now) and antoher school, which might be feasible, but I would be a transfer candidate and have to do 3 years rather then 2 as a post grad. So, as you can imagine, I'd rather attend Chatham (A because it's local and B because I would only need to attend 2 years as a postbacc which makes money concerns less likely).

So, my point here is that I'm not delusional or egotistical/arrogant- I know that I am a strong candidate. I haven't heard anything from them (no waitlist, no rejection, etc) and I'm wondering if perhaps I will get an email acceptance instead of one of these waitlist emails? Is that possible or do you think they will just not accept me at all since I haven't hear a peep? Just trying to strategize. I need to figure out my "fate" here and quit torturing my family, especially my wife.

To reiterate, the main question is, do you think I might get an acceptance while all these waitlist emails are going out? Or am I pretty much done for- not even to get a waitlist email.

Thanks for the advice and sorry if this is confusing :)

Navyfly,

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I haven't heard anything. I actually called admissions today, and they said EVERYONE would find out this week either via e-mail, or regular mail. The woman I spoke with said she wasn't sure which one was which (meaning, emails are only for those on the waitlist, or reg. mail are for acceptances) But obviously, we know from this thread that people have been accepted and waitlisted through e-mail...so who really knows! I know exactly how you feel, I am definitely driving my family crazy as well. Hope that helps a bit.

Smokey- I am from St. George. And this cold sucks--actually had to wear a coat to take out the trash ;)

Navyfly- I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to when they send out their acceptance/alternate emails--just that they go out in batches. For example, I think I received my alternate email before Smokey received his acceptance email. Sounds like everyone should know that their statuses are by the end of the week.

Navyfly,

I was accepted at Lock Haven for the next cycle and was waiting to hear from the last of my schools. If it wasn't for the acceptance to Lock Haven I would have kept myself on the wait list but at this point in my life I'd rather go with the sure thing. Just a timeline for you: I submitted my application at the end of Aug 2010 and only received the standard "application complete" emails until today when I received the alternate list email. I'm not sure if they put everyone not accepted on the wait list or not but at Lock Haven they said they put a majority of people on the waitlist and only send out a small number of rejections, I'm not sure if Chatham operates under the same protocol or not but I'm assuming they don't send out too many rejections as they don't have an interview process. I can't remember what my calculated CASPA GPA was but my current GPA is a 3.91 in Natural Sciences/Pre-professional, GRE 1130, and only a handful of shadowing hours and some undocumented military healthcare. I'd say stick with the wait-list at Chatham but don't shoot yourself in the foot with another program waiting for a spot to open. I can only speculate that the waitlist is ranked so it couldn't hurt to call the program and see where you stand, whether you have a shot or if everyone would have to cancel their acceptance to get in. Best of luck and if you have any other questions send me a message.

Semper Fi.

Hello! Congratulations to all who got in! I received an e-mail Feb 2 telling me that I am on the waitlist. Do any of you know the possibility of getting in once placed on the waitlist? If deposits have to be in by Jan 21 then I'm wondering how many have not accepted? Any help/suggestions!? Thank you!

I also finally got a wait list email today and was relieved to hear something. They are pretty explicit in the email that you shouldn't contact Chatham to see where you are on the list or how many people are on the list total. I am pretty relieved that I heard something so at least I know I wasn't lost in the shuffle of so many applicants. I realize the situation is probably hopeless, but you never know...

I think the next round of deposits are due in the next two weeks, so maybe some people on the wait list will hear by then if some spots are still open.

Yeah, second round of acceptances have deposits due on Feb 15th.

Thank you for the information! Normally, I would call but in the e-mail they asked us not to. I think I will just keep my fingers crossed that I'm fairly high up and will be hearing from them after Feb 15th! If not, then maybe i'll call. Although, i've been finding the information on this forum very helpful so thank you to all those who post information!

Stay warm up there!, I'm from Florida and we have a high of 80 today so I'm not sure how I would handle this storm you guys are getting! lol Goodluck!

If you guys hear anything today, post it! I know the rest of us would like to hear. If you get an acceptance email or letter, please let me know if you had originally been waitlisted or if this was the first thing you heard since your CASPA stuff went in. Would be good to know if there is any trend.

Thanks!

I'm starting to think that if you didn't get the waitlist email then that is just as good as a rejection email. Although, someone on here told me last week that some got waitlist emails while others were getting acceptance emails after (about a week after) some people got waitlist emails. So, in that case, those who hadn't heard anything at all were better of then the original waitlist people. So, perhaps that's the waitlist is the kiss of death. Not sure what's going on here, but it would be nice knowing one way or the other so we could all make plans.

Archived