Fall 2011 Acceptance

I got an acceptance package in the mail on Saturday Feb 5, but the letter was dated Jan 30. I live in Pittsburgh so I'm not sure what the delay was about. I did accept. Is there any thread for those of us who have accepted our acceptance, I heard there was a fb page in the works??

Also want to mention that I did not receive any email acceptance at all. I also have a friend in the program now who said many people from the wait list are currently students at Chatham. Many people will pay the deposit and risk losing it just to secure a spot in a school while that wait for their first choice results. I know I would. Hope this helps...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the following email at around 3:00pm today:

Greetings from Chatham University,

Thank you for your reply to our invitation to be on the Alternate list. We have confirmed that you would like to remain on the Alternate or Wait List for the Chatham University Master of Physician Assistant Studies program. The class is currently filled, but if openings should occur we will immediately contact students from the list to fill the openings. We do not know when openings might occur.

The starting date for classes this year is August 1, 2011. It is imperative that all your prerequisite courses and other conditions be completed by June 1, 2011. Failure to complete any of the necessary conditions will preclude your admission to the fall, 2011 entering class.

Best regards,

Maureen Stokan

So I'm not sure what that means if you haven't heard back. If I were in your position I would probably call in and check at this point to see what's going on. Hope this helps :)

''the volume of applications this year delayed our process. We have now made all admission decisions and have sent letters of notification to all applicants. I expect you will receive your letter this week.''

Maureen Stokan

I RECEIVED THIS ON FEB 15TH, STILL WAITING TO HEAR A DECISION !!

Hey guys,

FEB. 23, I recieved an email about possibly extending the class for alternates. We would complete our first year in Pittsburgh, then do clinicals in and around the Panama City, FL area instead of Pittsburgh. I don't know if this is set in stone or if they are working on it...

Any other alternates get the same email from Ms. Stokan?

I received the same email...now I am curious if there are 2 alternate lists, one for those wanting to do rotations in pitt and the other handful who will have to complete their rotations in FL? She said that there would be 6-8 additional seats opening. Ah well, I got past my concern of not knowing what is going on with their whole process...what will be will be.

At this point in the game can it be assumed if we have not heard anything then we are not accepted? I cannot seem to be able to get in contact with anyone from the program (Maureen Stokan). Are there others out there that have not heard anything at this point?

I too, received the e-mail about doing the clinical rotations in FL. I am from FL so that makes me happy! I wonder when they will decide on filling those seats? Yes, Ameliab, you are right, what will be will be! Goodluck! I hope we All get in! :)

I received the email about FL clinicals as well. I was "added to the list" but I am not sure what that means. I wonder how many people they emailed and how many seats are available. The opportunity to do this is amazing and I hope we hear back from them soon. I am very anxious, as I am sure you all are. Any one else hear any news about this aside from what was written in the original email?

I have also received this email about Fl. I was put on the list as well.I emailed Maureen last Wednesday asking about any updates on filling these seats,

and today I got a response saying that they are still evaluating the class and would let me know immediately if my status changes.

I am going crazy!

Archived