Fall 2011 Acceptance

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything else from the school? Are all of the seats filled? I'm still on the waitlist, for Florida and Pittsburgh (I'm assuming), and just last week I got an email from Ms. Stokan asking me to update her with my grades from my fall classes. Has anyone else gotten an email like this? I'm just curious.

I'm actually about to graduate from Chatham, and did a rotation in PR at the VA. My Spanish is decent, but I'm not a native speaker. I would highly recommend NOT going to PR unless your Spanish is really strong... especially if you've never heard Spanish from PR before. My classmates that went had a hard time with the Spanish. I've even heard native speakers from other countries can have a hard time understanding them. There's enough to worry about with learning medicine, let alone trying to improve your language skills on top of that. Good luck at Chatham!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

The acceptance of applicants from the wait list is closed. We added four new students to the class in the last two weeks, three of them last week. I am sorry that we could not accept all qualified applicants. The quality of the applicants was outstanding this year. It is getting very competitive to get into PA schools so I recommend that you check, double check and triple check that you meet the minimum requirements for admissions into our program. We had several applicants applying to the Puerto Rico cohort who were not fluent in Spanish. That is a waste of their money and our time. We do not consider anyone who does not meet the minimum qualifications for admission, with no exceptions at all.

Good luck and I hope to see your applications this fall.

Luis A. Ramos, MS, PA-C

Director and Assistant Professor

Physician Assistant Program

Chatham UNIVERSITY

Woodland Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15232

Phone: 412-365-1405 Fax: 412-365-1623

• 5 months later...

Archived