excising skin lesions

Hey guys!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out - one of my attendings is asking for documentation on what the limitations are for PAs excising skin lesions - she mentioned that she thinks there are some, but doesn't know what they are. Anyone have a clue? I tried just a plain google search but didn't come up with much except that it is determined by the delegation of services agreement. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :=-0:

Thanks you guys! My attending is asking me to find supporting documents b/c they are trying to create a position for me.. and I think she eventually wants me to do the outpatient procedures on my own/teach it to the interns. That's my understanding of why she is asking. I'll keep searching and would appreciate it if anyone knows where the best place to look is. Thanks!

yeah.. I'm not good at reading rules or anything, but on the pac website I found that it's basically limited by what your sp's scope and what they feel your limitations should be with local anesthesia.. of course they would need to be with you if the patient is under general. Thanks guys! I was hoping there wasn't some crazy little tiny line somewhere that I missed about I can't cut out this particular mole or something.

Archived