Interview tips

I usually arrived the day before because most interviews start in the morning.  I would leave right after the interview, although some that were long drives I stayed an extra night for.  I used Airbnb for all of my overnights which saved me a lot of money.  The one interview I flew for I could use public transportation to get to the interview so I don't have the experience of renting a car in that situation.  Make sure you find out about parking at the interview location.  Good luck!

Arriving the night before is generally sufficient - give yourself some time to settle in and relax. I am always happiest renting a car when I fly somewhere - I hate being constrained by public transportation schedules. But if you are going to interview in an urban setting you might be better off without a car; as noted above, check out the parking situation.

Get to campus early. Late arrival for an interview is almost a deal-breaker for me. Take some time to wander around on your own and get to know the place. And make sure you have been all over the program's website.

I am thinking of doing AirBnb deal, I just feel that my time frame would be so tight. I have class on the day of my interview and the day after, so I am planning to arrive one day earlier but leave after the interview is done. I heard that some school invites students back the following day, I am not sure if that is true or not. I am trying to figure out how to pack my clothes properly

I am thinking of doing AirBnb deal, I just feel that my time frame would be so tight. I have class on the day of my interview and the day after, so I am planning to arrive one day earlier but leave after the interview is done. I heard that some school invites students back the following day, I am not sure if that is true or not. I am trying to figure out how to pack my clothes properly

If there is a chance for a multiple day interview process they usually tell you that upfront.  It's actually not uncommon to have a social event the night before the interview or have an informational afternoon on day 1 and interviews on day 2.  UF does info on day 1 and interviews on day 2/3 - but they tell you ahead of time when you will interview and locals are typically the ones scheduled for day 3 since they live in town.

Archived