• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 ATC13

ATC13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

Figured I'd start a post for this years CASPA cycle. Has anyone applied to the program previously and if so any suggestions?

#2 amohiuddin

amohiuddin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

I'm in my 2nd semester at university of Bridgeport and I love it so far honestly. It's one of the best PA schools in the country in terms of the quality of faculty and the exposure you'll be getting. Plus, our pance scores have been 100 first time for the past two years straight. My recommendation to you is to APPLY EARLY. Which means, apply like right now lol. I applied last year around May and got an invite for interview in late June and was ACCEPTED that same day. Classes start January so you'll graduate five months early from the other pa school students. Best of luck
  • PAguy88 likes this

#3 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

That is great to hear! I'm a re-applicant with this program. Last year I submitted near the end of June which was way too late. This time I was verified on May 10th so much sooner! I hope that helps along with the other things I've improved on. 

#4 amohiuddin

amohiuddin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

That is great to hear! I'm a re-applicant with this program. Last year I submitted near the end of June which was way too late. This time I was verified on May 10th so much sooner! I hope that helps along with the other things I've improved on. 

awesome! you are in good shape. best of luck!

#5 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

I will be interviewing June 17th! 

#6 DJD15

DJD15

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

I'll be interviewing on June 17th as well!  I wonder if there has been any interview sessions scheduled prior to June 17th? 

#7 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

I don't know either but it seems really quick! I'm excited for it though.

I'm traveling from Utah but I'm already going to be in Boston for that weekend so I'm driving from Boston down to Bridgeport the night before. Should be an adventure!

#8 DJD15

DJD15

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

I don't know either but it seems really quick! I'm excited for it though.

I'm traveling from Utah but I'm already going to be in Boston for that weekend so I'm driving from Boston down to Bridgeport the night before. Should be an adventure!

excellent ! Have a safe trip !

#9 SA12

SA12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

I will be interviewing June 17th! 

Congratulations! I hope the interview goes well!! May I ask, did you get a verification from CASPA or from UB? My CASPA stuff was verified on the 10th too, but I have not heard anything from UB receiving my information. 

#10 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

Congratulations! I hope the interview goes well!! May I ask, did you get a verification from CASPA or from UB? My CASPA stuff was verified on the 10th too, but I have not heard anything from UB receiving my information.

#11 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thank you!!
I did not receive an email from UB confirming I was complete and under review. I just received the phone call from UB for the interview and then a confirmation email for that.
It is very early in the application process so I was taken a little by surprise to hear anything.

#12 SA12

SA12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

Thank you!!
I did not receive an email from UB confirming I was complete and under review. I just received the phone call from UB for the interview and then a confirmation email for that.
It is very early in the application process so I was taken a little by surprise to hear anything.

Wish you the best!!

#13 IwanttobeaPA

IwanttobeaPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Is UB on Probation still as is listed on the PAEA website?  If so, what does this mean?

#14 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

They are not on probation anymore. On the programs website it shows as accreditation-continued and they list the improvements/changes that have been made to the program.

#15 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

Actually I take that back. They might still be on probation. It says they will be reviewed March 2016 so I'm not sure if the probation status has been fully lifted. It is something I will ask about at my interview though :)

#16 DJD15

DJD15

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

Actually I take that back. They might still be on probation. It says they will be reviewed March 2016 so I'm not sure if the probation status has been fully lifted. It is something I will ask about at my interview though :)

I noticed the same thing on their website, however I see it says administrative probation, which may be somewhat " better" than academic probation. Just a thought. I plan to inquire about this during my interview as well. 

#17 jg199216

jg199216

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

Accepted today after my interview! Good luck to everyone applying!
  • rissaw, SA12 and drape1sm like this

#18 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:27 AM

Also accepted! Did you receive the official letter in your email though? I haven't yet.
  • SA12 and drape1sm like this

#19 SA12

SA12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Accepted today after my interview! Good luck to everyone applying!

Congratulations!! 

#20 Runnergirl22

Runnergirl22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

May I ask those who got offered interviews; when you submitted your application, when everything was verified and such ? Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users