To avoid repetition, should my narrative not include stories in supplemental essays?

I'm a RE-applicant, and I'm thinking I should revise my CASPA narrative, as opposed to totally rewriting it, because it's basically my life statement.

And then I should totally rewrite my supplemental essays? Or I can even just shuffle them around (switch one school's for another's, so they are reading something new but something I have already proofread).

What do you guys think?

Julia

I definitely would change things up, even write completely new essays. I know it's a lot of work, but I don't think I'd expect different results if you use the same essays.

Call the schools and see if they can tell you what you could do better or give you any advice on how to beef up your application. They might be things you can address in your essay.

I'm a RE-applicant, and I'm thinking I should revise my CASPA narrative, as opposed to totally rewriting it, because it's basically my life statement.

Depends, did you get an interview?

If no then you need to diagnose why.

As a big part of your job as a PA involves diagnosis then needless to say...ya gotta figure out why.

GPA, LORs HCE or PS.

Typically, people that don't get an interview don't put as much time into those factors. If you didn't re-write your PS 6-12 times and really work on it then that might be an area to look at.

If OTH if you slaved over it like crazy then, you might just want to update it.

If you did get interviews, then you can usually rule out all the stuff upstream of that process and narrow it down considerably.

good luck

Archived