Need to brag a bit.....

I just finished my first semester in the Gateway Respiratory Therapy Program. I scored "A's" for every class. I also took Biology 201 A&P and got an "A" in that class as well. I worked very hard all semester and I am proud of myself.

For me this was a test. A test on whether I can handle the load of PA school. I think that I proved that I can handle it. There is plenty of room for improvement in my organizing as well. I could have studied even more if I would have managed my time better.

I have a month off, so in that month, I am going to start putting a clinical diagnosis card file together chocked full of common disease, sign & symptoms, lab values, therapies, etc.

My hat is off to all you people who are in PA school or who have graduated and moved on. Just getting the prerequisites done is very challenging. I hope to one day begin my first semester in PA school.......that will be something!

Nice work! Sounds like PA school will come easy for you. Since you're bragging, I've got to bring you down a notch and point out one thing- technically the caduceus (your avatar) isn't a medical symbol. The Rod of Asclepius would be more fitting. :)

Thanks for the reference to the Rod of Asclepius. I did some research and you are correct that the caduceus was not originally a medical symbol. It has become the most prominent medical symbol in spite of that fact. After it was adopted by the U.S. medical corps in 1903 it has spread widely. If you do a google image search for "medical symbols" for example all you get are caduceuses. Thanks for the education.......:=D:

The caduceus as the medical symbol was actually already challenged. It's just not going to be changed, even though many people already know the asklepian is the true symbol. If you think about it, Hermes, actually had nothing to do with medicine. Asclepius (mainly) and Apollo were the healers (The caduceus is Hermes' staff and Hermes is the messenger god) I actually brought this up to my Latin teacher. Lol.

Ambulances use the Star of Life (Asklepius/ staff of Asclepius) though.

Yeah, this is going to go off-topic so I'll just stop talking.

Anyways, congrats on your grades!

Archived