Moral dilemma: what should I do?

Hello, so I am applying to PA school this cycle as many of you are. My dilemma is that someone I know pretty well showed me their submitted CASPA application for this cycle and listed at least four pretty extensive patient care experiences and volunteer items that I know for a fact they never did.

This is stressing me out, because if they were to get an interview and even an acceptance, it would be based on a lie and could hinder mine or another applicants chances. We are both applying to at least two of the same programs so this is really irritating/weighing on me. Is this something I should report or leave alone? What would you do in this situation?

I'm almost thinking that I should sit back and see what others say.... but I can't.:smile:

There are situations in which you probably do need to step forward and call out such falsehoods in life. On the other hand, you are not the application police and you don't know for a fact what the person will actually submit to CASPA. And you may look like a psycho to your intended program if you do. It is up to the program to find out if people who apply are being honest.

There will always be people around you with less integrity. As an old track coach once said, stay in your own lane and run your own race. Karma will get the others soon enough.

Fast forward 3 years... You have a colleague writing scripts for himself, or skimming 'wasted' narcs. Your 'friend' is having some major ethical dysfunction - I'm sure his conduct as a provider will be governed by the same ethics. Now I agree with @UGoLong, you're not the application police and it is the responsibility of the program to catch this type of stuff. That said, I would confront your friend directly. You'll be doing yourself, him, and his future patients a service. If he gets caught its fraud. If he gets in on a lie and you don't, well that would sting. And if this is an indicator of his future medical ethics, I would not want this guy in practice!

This is test of your metal too!! Good luck with the decision.

Archived