Savannah class starting Jan 2014

Thanks futurePA, I guess we will be finding out soon in that case. Regardless, I look forward to meeting everyone and beginning this journey into a new life! Is there a get together or meeting planned for the students before classes start? Congrats to all those accepted!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! I received the same email. It says orientation starts the week of January 6th, and classes start January 13th :) Can't wait!

I got an email today with a lot of info including a class list so far and a list of things to bring to orientation. It says orientation should start the week of January 6th, but I don't know when classes start.

The people I've talked to about this have told me it's usually cheaper to find housing on your own rather than the student housing. The benefit for student housing would be to have room mates who are in the PA program with you so you can study together, car pool to school, ect... Sooo I'll probably be looking for a place close to school, if anyone is considering the same and would need a roommate let me know! ;)

I interviewed on September 19-20th.  As others have stated, the 2-day process was enjoyable and not stressful.  Everyone (faculty, staff, and current students) was friendly and helpful.  I cannot imagine a better experience.  It truly felt like a time for the faculty to get to know prospective students and for prospective students to learn more about the program and faculty.

Accepted as well!! i requested to join the Facebook group over a week ago too and haven't been accepted to that either, I can't figure out who is in charge of the group to message them.  Perhaps we should start a new one.  I will be looking for housing and roommates as well and I think it would be easier to do that through Facebook.

Aeveridge77 and DMiles03, I wonder if perhaps the late September interviews (the 19th-20th + the 27th-28th) may have only been for waitlist positions? My assumption is that since the school is so close to starting, the class is already full and those interview spots may have been just for waitlist.

I could be wrong though. Has anyone who interviewed on those dates been accepted?

On the bright side, I've heard that many of the people on the waitlist end up getting in--a lot of the students end up choosing to go elsewhere after committing to South, since it's so early in the season and many end up getting later acceptances elsewhere.

Best of luck to you!

I keep hoping to see more updates on this topic, but it appears to have gone silent.  For those of you accepted at SU in Savannah, are you definitely attending, are you still deciding, or are you definitely going elsewhere?  How many of us are on the wait list?  Has anyone from the wait list received any additional communication - acceptance, removal from wait list, etc.?  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived